Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Days

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.-
Emily Dickinson

Especially blogging :)

Hello out there!

Jason returned last Friday from the Quincy fire and we have been busy with making closing arrangements on our new home!





We are calling it The Rosalie House, because we have some great views of Mount Rosalie in the distance. "Excited" is putting it lightly when trying to put in to words how we both feel right now! This is such a wonderful house with great land as well. I really can't wait to have family and friends out here to share this home with us. Our door is always open.

Lastnite we went to Red Rocks amphitheater to see one of our favorite bands, My Morning Jacket. Aside from the fact that we were in one of the most beautiful places in the world to see a show, the band completely blew us away! It was our first MMJ concert, and was everything we hoped for and more. The crowd was full of energy, which the band absorbed and played off of late into the evening. Lots of dancing, smiling, and good ol' rocking out!









A little about My Morning Jacket - My Morning Jacket is an American rock band known for their reverb-heavy sound, their eclectic mix of country rock, indie rock, funk, psychedelic, and southern rock styles, and enthusiastic and energetic live shows. Formed in 1998 in Louisville, Kentucky, the band signed with ATO Records four years later.

The band's moniker comes from a discarded coat lead singer Jim James found while sifting through the remains of his favorite bar after it burned down. The coat was embroidered with the letters "MMJ". Their musical influences include Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and the Velvet Underground.


Before I close this blog entry, I need to let you know that I hiked through 6 inches of freshly fallen snow last week at work. That's right, it snowed on Guanella Pass and other CO areas last weekend! Snow, in August! That makes me want to say "Now I've seen it all" but for some reason, I have a feeling Colorado will hold many more chances for me to speak that phrase...

Much love.

2 comments:

jpznismo said...

Hey stranger, I am so jealous of your new life!!! I have truly enjoyed your photos and I check from time to time to see if you have updated your blog. Congrats on your new home!!! I am glad things are going very well for you!! Snow!!! I have never seen snow!!!! damn you!!! Dont be surprised if you get a knock at your door!! Love, Josie

lackofintellect said...

I will visit, mark my words, just when will be the tricky part.