Thursday, March 27, 2008

Brrrr...

I was beginning to shrug off the tales of Colorado's unpredictable weather, until I awoke this morning to overcast skies and a mix of snow and rain. We were graced with beautiful blue skies and relatively warm weather our first few days in the state..I knew it was too good to last! I'm actually looking forward to these blustery days and changes of scenery. I did glance at the weather channel and had a tinge of home sickness when I saw the temps in south Florida ; )

We continued our house hunt yesterday and settled upon an apartment we can rent month to month until we decide what we want to do as far as buying or renting goes. The apartment is in a beautiful spot and right across from one of the fire stations Jason will be working out of. No pictures of the actual town (its more like a strip) of Bailey, but while exploring we stopped and ate our lunch (trout and vegetable wraps) on some rocks along the Platte River, here are a few pics -








It seems like there's a Kodak moment around every bend. Today we'll move in to our little apartment and spend the next few days running trails and getting used to running and climbing at these elevations. Would anyone like to join?

2 comments:

joshua said...

I gotta say that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet.

Congrats! Take this words like a blossom blessing as I'm bloging around.

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Anonymous said...

It looks so tranquil. How much is the apartment going to run you every month?