Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just Breath!

We do not have Internet at our apartment yet so I am typing today from our local library. The library happens to be a 1/2 mile jog from our apartment which we will be taking advantage of but drove here this afternoon, as we have grocery stores, thrift stores and cell phone stores to visit in Conifer/Littleton once we leave here.

Our little apartment is becoming quite cozy thanks to our crafty furnishings and improvisational decorating! At first we called it the "rustic rat hole" but now it's turned in to a warm humble abode. This morning we awoke, had a leisurely morning that was spent stretching, drinking green tea and eating oatmeal, then went for a 2 1/2 mile jog (Jason jogged, I did a brisk walk..) around our neighborhood. When we stepped outside, it was in the 40s and bright & sunny - it felt wonderful and invigorating. We began jogging and lo & behold, it began to snow flurry! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be jogging in snow flurries at 7,500 feet at the end of March. Quite the experience. I do feel like I'm getting accustomed to the altitude little by little. Jason is having a much easier time, most likely b/c he's lived in the Rockies before and mentioned he thinks his body "remembers" the altitude. He took off up a hill today and disappeared around a bend, just kept running and running (yes, he reminded me of Forrest G.), as I huffed and puffed up the hill and then stopped because I was laughing too much when I saw him disappear.

Internet feigns we are! How did people ever function without it? We're hoping to have it tonite and if so, look for more pictures within the following day.

Much love to everyone XOXOX.

No comments: