Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Red Rocks

I'm writing this morning from our friend Jamie's house in Littleton, CO. He has been kind enough to take 2 homeless Floridians in until we find a place to rent in Bailey :) Our days so far have consisted of exploring Bailey and house hunting. We already feel like we know these roads better than any in Florida for some reason, probably because we've driven them over and over trying to locate houses for rent. I am seeing classified ads in my dreams. House hunt going slower than we'd hope but we have a feeling today is the day! We'll have an address by tomorrow! Maybe...

Monday we stopped in Morrison and ate breakfast at a wonderful cafe, then visited the Red Rocks Amphitheatre & park. Jason has been there a few times for some Panic shows, but I was in awe, being my first time in the presence of such majestic formations. Red Rocks amphitheatre is an outdoor theatre seating 9,450 people. It was built in the 1930's by the Civilian Conservation Corps and is at an elevation of 6,400 feet in the 640 acre Red Rocks Park. It is known for having the best natural acoustics on the continent . The amphitheatre is absolutely breathtaking and I can't wait to experience my first show there. The park is open daily and we're anxious to start running/hiking the trails..once we can learn how to breath up here!

Here are some pics of Red Rocks - I have been so charmed by our little town of Bailey that I have forgotten to take any photos - will do today as our house hunt continues.
Much love!


Red Rocks Amphitheatre



Jason climbing the incline to amphitheatre

Red at Red

Red...rock . Red Rocks consists of two natural monoliths, Ship Rock and Creation Rock.
Back of amphitheatre from trail


No comments: